Guide to SR&ED for engineers
- a definitive guide to the technical aspects of Canada’s R&D tax credit program, written primarily for the people who carry out or manage the R&D and are tasked with demonstrating its eligibility.
Available as an Apple iBook, for use on Mac computers and iPads - $34.99. Purchasers will have access to free updates.
Also available as a print-on-demand paperback, $45 from the University of Toronto Bookstore. Order through the UofT BookPOD, for pickup or delivery.
Click to view the ibook or download a sample.
Click to see the paperback version.
Guide to SR&ED goes beyond CRA’s official guidance material to provide clear and specific information on technical matters, and insights into how the SR&ED program is administered. It will help program users:-
- identify work that meets the criteria;
- describe it clearly, establishing its eligibility;
- assemble supporting evidence;
- understand CRA’s review process.
The author has wide experience with the program, both from within the Canada Revenue Agency’s SR&ED Directorate and from the private sector.
1. Eligibility - the traditional and evolving criteria.
2. Project definition - what to include in a claim, and how to present it.
3. Evidence - what’s needed, and how to provide it.
4. Filing a claim (including a line-by-line guide to Part 2 of the T661 form).
5. The claim review process, and review outcomes.
6. CRA services to claimants.
7. Questions and answers.
8. A brief history of SR&ED.
9. Words that carry different meanings for CRA and for claimants.